May 17th, 2012
COLORADO HEALTH FOUNDATION
Program Officer—Health Coverage
The Program Officer for Health Coverage is charged with contributing to the Colorado Health Foundation’s goal that all Coloradans have health coverage. This person works collaboratively to implement funding strategies related to health coverage and solicits and reviews grant requests that are aligned with those strategies. Additionally, this person works collaboratively with the Senior Program Officer and Portfolio Director for Health Coverage on program direction as well as assists with long-range strategic planning, program management and project implementation by grantees.
- Contribute to the development of short- and long-term grant making strategies related to the Health Coverage goals and objectives of the Colorado Health Foundation.
- Evaluate proposals for consistency with the Foundation’s priorities and grant guidelines and analyze grant applications to assess the strength of the project and the applicant organization.
- Produce and present written summaries, analyses and recommendations for proposed projects and initiatives to the Foundation’s Philanthropy Committee and Board of Directors.
- Manage a portfolio of active grants, including grant maintenance, reporting and grantee communications.
- Manage relationships with grantees, potential grantees, consultants and contractors and provide quality, responsive customer service to all Foundation stakeholders, including applicants and existing grantees.
- Plan and convene meetings of key stakeholders to obtain input on ideas and projects to guide initiative development.
- Assist in monitoring the external environment by identifying important issues, necessary policy changes and emerging trends to translate information into Foundation’s grantmaking activities.
- Master’s degree in health care administration, business, public health, public policy or related field; appropriate experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of 5 years program and/or operations management experience required; experience in the health sector strongly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of nonprofits and/or government agencies preferred.
- Knowledge of public and private health coverage programs and health care reform.
- Knowledge of the grant making process.
- Superb project management skills with the ability to resolve complex issues and handle numerous multifaceted assignments under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, including experience with concise business writing and the ability to translate complex ideas into clear, easy-to-understand concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to implement strategies and work plans, multi-task, and deliver quality work on time and within budgetary guidelines.
- Strong technical skills and proficiency with Microsoft desktop applications including the most recent versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Superb analytic and critical reasoning skills including corporate and financial analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and collaboration skills.
- Public speaking and presentation skills, including experience presenting complex subject matter to non-expert audiences and experience presenting strategic and complex information to high-level decision makers.
- Strong initiative and superior productivity.
- Motivated and committed to the Foundation’s mission.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful contribution through her or his professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
The Colorado Health Foundation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.