- Colorado’s Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) populations are the fastest-growing minority ethnic group in the state.
- These populations face substantial barriers to accessing adequate health services due to diverse expectations, beliefs and behaviors, as well as language and socioeconomic barriers.
- APDC is the longest-running, licensed, multi-service, multi-ethnic agency to serve the AAPI communities of Colorado.
- We serve over 15,000 individuals annually, including children, adults and the elderly, with a staff of 19.
- Over the last 30 years, APDC has provided these services in sub-par facilities. Our clinic is located in an old house near City Park. It is a four-story building with no elevators and no parking. The floor plan is not conducive to medical care, particularly for the elderly and handicapped.
- Our staff offices, youth services, translation and interpretation programs are housed nearly 5 miles east of the clinic, in Aurora. Our building is cramped with little space for all of our youth to gather, learn and grow.
Our Journey Continues: APDC Capital Campaign will allow us
- To increase the number of direct services from 5,560 to 7,228 — a 30% increase.
- To expand and grow our outreach from 15,000 to 19,500 — a 30% increase.
- To open a comprehensive community health clinic and benefit our community by providing integrated care services merging behavioral health, medical health and related services.
- To reduce operational expenses by having all staff at one facility, thus providing for organizational efficiency, better communication and increased productivity — and a cost saving of $36,000 per year.
- To give clients easier and greater access to our facility and community clinic, which will be close to public transit, convenient to main thoroughfares and within walking distance of many clients’ homes.
- To provide one primary place that staff and community can call “home.”
- To ensure plenty of parking for clients, visitors and staff (current parking at both facilities is a challenge).
- To instill a vivid picture of APDC in people’s minds: where we are, who we are, and what we do.
Total Project . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 1,525,500
Building Acquisition . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $500,000
Building Renovation (construction, fixtures, furnishings & equipment) . . . . . . . . $ 1,025,500
Asian Pacific Development is offering a number of named-giving opportunities that provide an opportunity for you, your family or business to leave a lasting legacy in the Colorado community. Please visit our website at www.apdc.org for an overview of the naming opportunities or call Chris Wanifuchi at 303-365-2959 ext 116 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journey Giving Categories
Trailblazers - $25,000 or more
Navigators – $10,000 – $24,999
Pathfinders – $6,000 – $9,999
Voyagers – $1,000 – $5,999
Travelers – $1 – $999
Asian Pacific Development Center
1544 Elmira Street, Aurora, Colorado 80010
303.365.2959 | www.apdc.org | email@example.com
JOURNEY Campaign Committee Chairs
Byeongsook Seo | Christine Wanifuchi